Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What I Learned Today...

Today in ESL class, I learned about complete sentence. In the complete sentence it need must have subject, predicate and a complete thought. 


Predicate is what the subject dose, has, is or is like. 
For examples,
+ Jessica like pizza. In this sentence, Jessica is subject, and likes pizza is predicate.
+ He has a IPOD. In this sentence He is subject, and has a IPOD is predicate.
Predicate is not only talk about has, is or is like and dose, it is the all sentence after has, is or is like and dose.


Fragment?!
+ I hamburger. - the predicate is missing. = I like hamburger.
+ Play piano - the subject is missing. = I play piano.


If you want to make questions, the subject is will be in middle of predicate. Predicate - Subject - Predicate.
for examples.
1. Have you seen my Homework?
= so, have is predicate, you is subject, and seen my Homework is predicate.
for sentence, = You have seen my Homework.


2. Dose Jessica finish her homework?
= Dose is predicate, jessica is subject, and finish homework is predicate.
for sentence - Jessica dose finish her homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment